The International Liver Congress™ is the hepatology flagship event of the year, where experts and researchers from around the world submit and present their latest research.
Selected abstracts, late-breakers and case studies will be presented in the format of oral presentations, poster presentations or in the hepatology arena during a solve the case session.
Without you, the ILC wouldn’t be possible, so we are looking forward to receiving your abstracts and case studies!
What can I submit to the ILC?
14-24 February 2020 (23:59 CET)
The late-breaker category is exclusively devoted to novel and practice-changing studies or outstanding scientific discoveries, and is aimed at selecting abstracts with unique data that would not have been otherwise presented at the ILC.
This category is NOT intended as an extension of the regular submission deadline, and the results should not have been fully available by the regular abstract submission deadline.
Find all information on submission fees, categories, changes, withdrawals, disclosures, embargo policy and copyrights:
Types of presentation
All accepted abstracts submitted as a regular abstract or late-breaker will either be presented as:
- an oral presentation or
- a poster presentation (which upon selection can also includer a poster tour and oral ePoster sessions)
All accepted case studies will be presented as an oral presentation in the hepatology arena for a solve the case session.
Submission templates & guidelines
Use the following templates and guidelines to manage your abstract and case submissions.
Oral & poster presentation templates
Once your research has been accepted, you can use the following oral & poster presentation templates.
Using your own templates is allowed as long as they follow the requested oral presentation & poster presentation formats.
- Enjoy reduced fees to ILC 2020 by becoming an EASL member today.
- Take advantage of the bursaries available to ILC 2020 abstract submitters and get offered a 1 year free membership.
- Be the next awardee to receive the EASL Emerging Leader Award at ILC 2020.
Key abstract submission dates
- 1 Oct 2019 - 19 Nov 2019 (23:59CET) Abstract submission
- 19 Nov 2019 (23:59CET) Abstract/case changes deadline
- 31 Jan 2020 Abstract, case and bursary notifications
- 31 Jan 2020 (23:59CET) Abstract/case withdrawal deadline
- 14 Feb 2020 - 24 Feb 2020 (23:59CET) Late-breaker submission
- 24 Feb 2020 (23:59CET) Late-breaker changes deadline
- 13 Mar 2020 (23:59CET) Late-breaker withdrawal deadline
- 13 Mar 2020 Late-breaker notifications
- 25 Mar 2020 - 15 Apr 2020 Oral presentation upload*
- 1 Apr 2020 Abstracts published online