During award ceremony I on Friday at The International Liver CongressTM, EASL acknowledges the major scientific contributions of scientists in the field of liver research.
The EASL Governing Board selects nominees and recipients receive their awards in the presence of the liver community.
The first EASL Recognition Awards ceremony was held during the 41st Annual Meeting in Vienna in 2006. The two recipients perfectly illustrated the goals of the association in creating this new award: bright, active scientists who had provided major advances in science, knowledge, clinical care and teaching in their own field of expertise; recognised and admired worldwide for their accomplishments. To this day, EASL is proud to continue to honour the men and women who write the history of hepatology through presenting the EASL Recognition Awards.
View the full list of EASL recognition awardees below.
Vienna – 2019
Paris – 2018
Amsterdam – 2017
Barcelona – 2016
Vienna – 2015
London – 2014
Amsterdam – 2013
Barcelona – 2012
Berlin – 2011
Vienna – 2010
Copenhagen – 2009
Milan – 2008
Barcelona – 2007
Vienna – 2006
The EASL YI award is a yearly award specifically dedicated to young fellows. Every year, the EASL Governing Board and YI Task Force select two YI awardees based on their international liver research achievements to-date.
See previous awardees below.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 05 NOVEMBER 2018
How to apply
- To apply, you must be 40 years old or less and be an active EASL member.
- Your presence at the ILC 2019 in Vienna on Saturday 13 April 2019 is mandatory to receive your YI award.
- Awardees will also be invited to publish a review in the Journal of Hepatology. Note that a minimum of 3 original articles as first or last author in a journal with an impact factor of 6 or more is required.
Before applying please make sure that you have prepared the following:
- EASL Membership number
- Detailed CV
- Recommendation letter
- List of publications and invited presentations in international conferences
- 3 of your most prominent publications with journal impact factor not less than 6
- H-Index, number of publications in Pubmed and total number of citations
The online application process is easily completed in a few steps.
Should you need further information about the YI Award or the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org